Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Last of Winter Nail Polish

I am a huge fall/winter fan and I'm trying to make everything winter-esque last for as long as possible. One of the main reasons I love winter is because of the clothes and beauty. I hate summer clothes with all my heart, with the exception of rompers. I've never been into shorts, sandals, or sleeveless tops; I'd much rather layer up with sweaters and jackets. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, so I'm trying to wear all my winter favorites while I still can.
I rarely ever wear bright colors, shimmer, or glitter on my nails, which is why winter is perfect for that. I love the dark colors. As spring approaches, I'm trying to talk myself into being more brave with nail polish colors. I'm still not brave enough to wear bright colors but I have been wearing some more shimmery ones. Here are some new winter-like nail colors I've been trying within the past few weeks.
Avon's 'Opening Night Premier'- This is a dark pink/copper color. It looks so different in different lighting, which is why it looks like dark pink in this next photo.


Crabtree and Evelyn's 'Black Cherry'- Although the name is 'Black Cherry' I think that name is so deceiving. It should definitely be renamed 'Eggplant'. But I do think that this nail polish lasts for a good amount of time (for now, at least). I've had it on for a few days without a clear coat and I haven't had any chips yet yippee!

2 comments: