Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hello All!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Tara and I am from upstate New York. This year I spent my first semester of college in Boston, which I absolutely loved! Boston is an amazing city with many opportunities for adventure. Unfortunately, the school I was at wasn't exactly what I was looking for so I am transferring. Luckily, though, my new school is right outside of NYC allowing for many more opportunities.

As a lover of fashion, I started designing and creating my own clothes in high school. I first was interested in fashion design until I quickly realized that I enjoy recreating costumes from film, TV, and theater much much more than designing clothes. I am an aspiring Costume Design/Technology major.

I'll be posting frequently about fashion and beauty since it is such a big interest of mine. I would describe my style as dainty and vintage preppy with an occasional bit of an edge. Some of my favorites right now are peter pan collars, high-waisted skirts and pants, circle skirts, and velvet! I take inspiration from old TV shows that my mom introduced us to when my sisters and I were younger (shout out to my Mama!). More specifically, I love the styles of Marlo Thomas in That Girl, Audrey Hepburn, Jackie O, and the more recent Kate Middleton.

Other interests of mine include dancing, figure skating, cheerleading and beauty pageants. Sadly, I think my 'interests' are slowly becoming 'hobbies I used to participate in'. I was a dance major in high school and I was on my college cheerleading team last semester. I have been figure skating all my life, but my schedule has become so busy at school that I never found time to skate. Although I've let go of my10-year-old dream to go to the Olympics one day, I don't think I'll ever let go of skating. It's always going to be something I can go back to and enjoy. I did beauty pageants during high school and I absolutely loved them. Pageants were so much fun because you got to go out on the stage in an fancy outfit or a costume (most of which I made!) and do an exciting routine. Plus, what girl doesn't wish she could dress up like a princess and get a tiara? Despite the fact that pageants are very expensive, I usually got to do a few a year if I was good about saving my money. I can't afford them anymore, #brokecollegestudent , but I do wish to return to the pageant world someday. Perhaps by making custom pageant clothes for cute little kids?! Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Anyway, I am so excited to share my interests through this blog! I hope you continue to follow my journey and enjoy reading my posts!
Until next time!
Tara


Getting in some sightseeing on the weekends!

My good friend Shannon and I after the Red Sox won the World Series, we lived so close to Fenway Park!

Dressed as "That Girl" for a pageant, costume made by me with help from my mama


Cheerleading for my old College

No comments:

Post a Comment